10 ways to stay free of colds
The color of the leaves are changing, the temperature drops, and we are all getting ready for our hibernation in winter time.
As far as I know most of my colleagues and friends right now are not available because they came down with a cold. A severe cold with fever and bronchial infection can also worsen the condition of high blood pressure. Here are easy ways to prevent common colds:
- Wash your hands frequently and do not shake everybody’s hands.
- Drink plenty of hot tea, most preferably with ginger and a bit of cayenne pepper in it (peppermint tea is excellent).
- Keep your neck covered with a warm scarf.
- Breathe deeply whenever you are outside.
- Do not turn the heat up but rather dress warmly. The dry air will also dry the delicate tissue of your lungs and nose.
- Get enough sleep (10 pm – 6 am).
- Eat as much of all sorts of delicious cabbage as you can – it keeps you naturally warm and healthy.
- Start your day with half a freshly squeezed lemon in a warm glass of water.
- Exercise moderately in fresh air (slow running, walking).
- Avoid smoke and alcohol.
- Take plenty of natural pro-biotica (Sauerkraut, Kefir, Joghurt, KimChi)
Enjoy a terrific change of season which also requires more rest for yourself.